- 4 cups Plain Flour
- 1 cup grated Parmesan or Romano
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1kg Ricotta – well drained
- 2 Eggs
- Spinach – blanched and chopped – optional
- Sift flour into a large bowl, add cheese and nutmeg.
- Make a well in the centre.
- Add Ricotta and eggs, mix until combined.
- I use a Kenwood Chef with a dough hook to mix.
- Knead lightly adding flour as required till dough is light and no longer sticky.
- On lightly floured board, roll into long like sausages about 1cm thick, then cut crosswise about 2cm long.
- Boil in salted water until Gnocchi rise to the surface, approx. 10 minutes.
- Drain and serve with Tomato Sauce or desired sauce.
- Gnocchi can be frozen: lay Gnocchi out on a tray, place in freezer for 1-2 hours until frozen then remove from tray and place in an air tight container.